By American Petroleum Institute
Read Online or Download API RP 520 Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries-Part II—Installation PDF
Best nonfiction_5 books
- Total Landscape Care 200902 issue 2009.02
- Constitutional Mythologies: New Perspectives on Controlling the State
- Plato's legislative demiurgy: a study of the character of the
- Your Guide to College Success: Strategies for Achieving Your Goals 6th edition by Santrock, John W., Halonen, Jane S. (2008) Paperback
Extra resources for API RP 520 Sizing, Selection, and Installation of Pressure-Relieving Devices in Refineries-Part II—Installation
The branch entrance where the relief device inlet piping joins the main piping run should have a well-rounded, smooth corner that minimizes turbulence and resistance to ßow. In many instances, the next larger size branch connection will be required at the inlet to the pressure-relief valve (see Figure 19). When pressure-relief branch connections are mounted near equipment that can cause unstable ßow patterns, the branch connection should be mounted downstream at a distance sufÞcient to avoid the unstable ßow.
Other valves and appurtenances in the system may also disturb the ßow. This condition cannot be evaluated readily, but unstable ßow at valve inlets tends to generate instability. For materials that are highly viscous, materials that could result in corrosion upon cooling, or materials that could potentially solidify in pressure-relief devices, adequate heat tracing or insulation should be provided for both inlet and outlet piping to pressure-relief devices, as well as remote sensing lines for pilot-operated pressure-relief valves.
5. When seals must be replaced, install only seals supplied by the manufacturer, and follow the manufacturerÕs seal replacement instructions. 6. Maintenance that requires disassembly of the pin-actuated pressure-relief device shall be under the direction of the manufacturer. Improper reassembly may alter the device set pressure. 7. Buckling pins can be removed from the mechanism (when there is no pressure in the system) to check for freedom of movement, and then reinstalled. Follow the manufacturerÕs instructions.